Civic Union “Bioenergy Association of Ukraine” (UABio) was established in 2013 and is a common platform for cooperation in bioenergy market in Ukraine. The UABio goal is to provide the most favorable business environment and sustainable development of bioenergy. UABio members are 22 leading companies and more than 20 recognized experts working in the field of bioenergy.
Key sectors of the UABio operation:
- Heat generation from biomass
- Electricity generation from biomass
- Combined heat and power generation from biomass
- Production and use of biogas, bio-methane, and bio-fertilizers
- Production and use of solid and liquid biofuels
- Cultivation and use of biomass from energy plantations
- Logistics (harvesting, storage, processing, delivery) of biomass and biofuels
- Energy generation from municipal solid waste
- Financing and investing into bioenergy projects
- Legal and organizational support for bioenergy projects
- International cooperation
- Environmental and social effect of bioenergy projects.
Bioenergy Association of Ukraine is actively involved in legislative activities and the work of profile Parliamentary committees, as well as Public councils and working groups of relevant government authorities.
UABio is known for active outreach activities in the field of bioenergy, including UABio Position Papers, the annual International Conference "BIOMASS FOR ENERGY" and specialized seminars, as well as awareness raising about bioenergy issues on its website, social networks and through publications and interviews in mass media.
Ukraine, 03057, Kiev,
Zheliabova str., 2а, of. 116
Tel./fax: (+38 044) 453 2856